by Eyal Lavi
20 March 2017
It’s been a few weeks since we hit our fighting fund target (the donations transferred to our account last week), so here’s a quick update on what we’ve been up to behind the scenes:
- We’re working with lawyers to finalise our legal structure.
- We’re instructing consultants who are working on our share offer documentation.
- We’ve started a series of consultation and transparency meetings with some of our key stakeholders – we’re arranging a second wave of these soon, and will engage with the wider public and supporters as soon as we’re able to.
Apologies that this project planning news is neither sexy or more obviously exciting but we’re about to embark on the UK’s biggest ever community buy-out – there’s a lot of groundwork to be done to make sure that we do this correctly.
Once again THANK YOU for your belief, encouragement and cold hard cash that’s put us in this strong position. We’re working our butts off to give us the best possible shot at making a community-owned Tavern a reality.
We’d also like to say a big THANK YOU to the Royal Vauxhall Tavern’s hard-working management team and staff who run the venue on a day-to-day basis, and help to make it the incredible home-from-home we all know and love.
We’ll update again very soon – in the meantime you can:
- Sign up to our mailing list
- Email us if you’d like to register an interest in purchasing a share(s): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Complete our crucial Community Ownership survey