As our campaign enters its next phase we’re looking to our dedicated and talented supporters to help share the work load! We’re in need of a Volunteer Manager (as we’ve found it tricky to coordinate the brilliant support that has been coming our way) and a Press Officer (who can help assist and shape our press work).
Whilst these are purely voluntary roles we’re proud of the fact that we’ve been running our campaign in a professional and organised manner, which is why we ask for a minimum commitment of time on a weekly basis. Please consider whether you can commit to the responsibilities described below.
If you’ve previously sent us an email offering your support, please do not let that put you off sending us an email again. The reason we need a Volunteer Manager is that we’ve found it hard to deal with the volume of support we get.
We have been overwhelmed with support for the RVT Future campaign – sometimes we’ve not been able to keep on top of that support as much as we’d like. This is why we’re in need of a Volunteer Manager who can help us to manage and make the most of any opportunities that come our way!
- Maintenance and admin of the RVT.community inbox.
- Researching and implementing a volunteer database that will benefit the campaign.
- Project management: overseeing any volunteer run projects (RVT Stories; projects involving Austrian volunteers; etc)
- The Volunteer Manager will also be expected to attend and contribute at appropriate committee meetings.
This role will require 3-4 hours per week (though our inbox will need checking daily), and more during busy periods.
Please drop us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org (subject line: Volunteer Manager) with a brief summary of your skill set, your expectations of working on the campaign, and what the Royal Vauxhall Tavern means to you.
Working along side the Campaign and Comms managers, the Press Officer will take responsibility for getting RVTFuture’s campaign messaging out to the media.
- Overseeing the creation of press releases (from draft to sending out to a contact database you will maintain),
- Fielding journalists’ requests for interviews and information (either by providing basic info yourself or connecting journalists with appropriate campaign members),
- Keeping track of media coverage of the RVT
- Keeping the press section of our website up to date with links to that coverage
- The Press Officer will also be expected to attend and contribute at appropriate committee meetings.
Because of the fast paced and ever-changing nature of the campaign, the Press Officer needs to be ready to jump in to action at a moment’s notice when RVT Future needs to react quickly to any events taking place.
This role will require 3-4 hours per week, and more during busy periods.
Please drop us an email to email@example.com (subject line: Press Officer) with a brief summary of your skill set, your expectations of working on the campaign, and what the Royal Vauxhall Tavern means to you.